The most important rule, is this: Don't mix starch foods with protein foods at the same meal.
Here are the other principles which proponents of food combining adhere to:
1. Eat starches and acids at separate meals. Acids neutralize the alkaline medium required for starch digestion and the result is indigestion and fermentation.
2. Eat carbohydrate foods and protein foods at separate meals. Protein foods require an acid medium for digestion.
3. Eat only one kind of protein food at a meal.
5. Eat proteins and fats at separate meals. Some foods, especially nuts, are over 50% fat and require hours for digestion.
6. Eat proteins and sugars (fruits) at separate meals.
7. Eat starchy foods and sugars (fruits) at separate meals. Fruits undergo no digestion in the stomach and are held up if eaten with foods which require digestion in the stomach.
8. Eat melons alone. Melons combine with almost no other food.
9. Forget the desserts. Eaten on top of meals they lie heavy on the stomach, requiring no digestion there, and ferment. Bacteria turn them into alcohols, acetic acids and vinegars.
Food combining: chew all food close to liquid consistency. Check out next blog post
A Touch of Wellness Massage & Health Center – St Thomas, USVI
You Don’t have to be Sick, Tired or in Pain!